Wednesday 25 April 2012

Reading Reflection #7

Book: Those Girls
By: Sara Lawrence
Read: Finished the book

Those Girls is about a click of rich girls who attend an exclusive boarding school called Stagmount. Stagmount School is on the outskirts of the town of Brighton, Britain. I found the language a tad difficult, because there was a lot of British slang! They did use the term shagging, which I have heard used before! The main character, Jinx, is best friends with a girl named Liberty. The story is about when a new girl, Stella comes to Stagmount and Jinx finds herself being replaced as Liberty's best friend. The main characters are all seventeen and with that being around the same age as me you would think I would have some text to self connections, but not even one!

Here is my list of the text to self differences:
  1. Stagmount: private all female school - Sturgeon (my school): public co-ed school
  2. Stagmount Girls: rich with daddy's money - Sturgeon Girls: have jobs
  3. Stagmount: girls live on grounds - Sturgeon: 3:30 bell run for home!
  4. Jinx and Liberty: drink and party hard - Breanne and BFF: occasional drinks at a party
  5. Jinx: designers clothes - Breanne: clearance clothes

The end of the story is where there are some much unexpected twists revealed! I will admit that this book did take me a while to get into, but I was very happy I finished it. There were two twists revealed that I hadn't even been remotely close with my assumptions. With that being said, if you are someone who usually assumes correctly the end plot, than read this book you might be surprised that you were caught by two unexpected twists!

No comments:

Post a Comment