Monday 16 April 2012

Reading Reflection #6


Book: Mockingjay
Author: Suzanne Collins
Pages Read: The whole book

A Quote from the book, Mockingjay
This final book in the Hunger Games trilogy definitely wrapped everything up! There are some words in the book that I didn't know their definition. For example emaciated, so I looked it up and it is defined as abnormally thin and weak. I was very sad to read one of my favourite characters died after he had just gotten married to the love of his life! I found it difficult remembering all the specifics of each character, because the names are not common or easy to remember! For example Katniss, the main character, meets lots of people and she will explain who they are, but if they come up later in the story I never remember them. Cressida, Plutarch, Messalla, and Enobaria were some of the names I couldn’t associate what the characters connection to Katniss were second time their names were used. This third book of the Hunger Games has new unexpected twists and surprises brought into the story. I really can wait till the movies of the final two books come out. I can just picture how incredible all the costumes and animation will be. Other people might say this book, is the slowest of all three. When I say slowest of all three I mean people found Mockingjay took them longer to read! Personally, I couldn’t put this book down and didn’t find it a slow read. I found the second book took me the longest to read and that was like five days at tops. All the books were very good and I might just read them all over again!

1 comment:

  1. I found that all three books took a little bit of time to really get into the good stuff. Mockingjay didn't take me much longer, it just didn't get hot and heavy until later into the book. Later then the other books too. I totally agree with what you mean about the characters popping up again! I had trouble with that too!There were characters who I thought were new, but then I realized they weren't new! They were already in the book. I think it could have something to do with the strange names, but also because Katniss meets a lot of people throughout these books. It's hard to keep them all straight and remember exactly who they were!

    ReplyDelete