Monday 9 April 2012

Reading Reflection #5


Peeta and Katniss in the movie of The Hunger Games
Book: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Pages Read:  The whole book
Book: Catching Fire (2nd book of The Hunger Games)
Author: Suzanne Collins
Pages Read: 334/391



This past week I started reading The Hunger Games Trilogy. If I find a good book I will read it in every spare moment. With the first Hunger Games book I finished it in less than 24 hours and then had to see the movie! The book like I previously stated was very good and the movie definitely did it justice. The actors in the movie all matched the descriptions in the book and I found they chose a very good cast. For example from the description in the book of one of the male characters, Peeta, I pictured him as somewhat of looking like a Swiss boy. In the book Collins describes Peeta as having blond hair “that falls in waves over his face,” blue eyes, and a stocky build.  Josh Hutcherson who plays Peeta Mellarck in the movie does somewhat has that image of a Swiss boy and portrayed the perfect Peeta. I just started reading the second book, Catching Fire, and it as just as good as the first one! It had an unexpected twist that I was not expecting! We also learn more about each characters history. For example Peeta and Katniss’ (the female main character) mentor in the 74th Hunger Games, Haymitch. We learn how he won the 50th Hunger Games and more of his personality. There are parts in this book that do confuse me, but I will continue reading on and find my answer! The reason I am usually confused is, because of the scenes are so detailed and complex that it takes a couple descriptions to get a clear picture in one’s head! The author has done a good job and has created such an excellent story with great detail. I now recommend reading the second book too!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Breanne! I totally want to see what all the buzz is about on The Hunger Games! I'd love to see the movie as well. I'm not a huge fan of reading long novels, but you make it sound like such a great read. :) I'll have to keep reading your posts on Catching Fire and Mockingjay!

    ReplyDelete