Sunday 8 April 2012

Happy Easter! (#25)

My Sisters Egg Hunt Load (left) and My Egg Hunt Load (right)
This morning my mom woke me up to inform me I am having an Easter egg hunt. I responded with "do I have too?" After 18 years of hunting for eggs I have lost the spark and enthusiasm the hunt used to bring me. My sister on the other hand has not and totally found 3/4 more than I did. You can tell by comparing our containers... I somewhat searched but mostly the "Easter Bunny" told me where I could find half of the eggs that are in my container! This isn't an excuse, but I was still half asleep from my outing the night before!

I hope you all have an enjoyable Easter!

-18 year old who got beat by younger sister in the Easter egg hunt.

6 comments:

  1. I guess the "Easter Bunny" gets to retire!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. COME ON BREEE. This is disappointing. I'm jealous that your mom still does this for you. mine gave up when i was like ten. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed my Easter Egg hunt :( but I agree, I'm getting bored of doing it every year... Plus I do it at home, at my grandma's, and at my nanna's! That's a lot of easter eggs. Do you still do other things for the holiday's like putting out milk and cookies for Santa? And getting cards for Valentine's Day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped the santa clause offerings two years ago I believe and my parents have never given valentines cards just a box of chocolate which my mom still does!

      Delete
  4. I actually enjoy those types of holiday traditions. They let me enjoy the child in me, if only for an hour. In my house, the Easter Bunny hides puzzle pieces which when put together, create a riddle that has clues to where the chocolate is. This is a long-standing tradition in our house. It`s easy to really get excited about it when you have siblings that are the same way (*COUGH* Breanne *COUGH*). Trust me, in the coming years, you`ll really miss all those family traditions. They`re not that bad! It was also easy for me this year, because we didn’t get up until 10:30! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister and I get super competitive so it is easier just to give up and take a break. I will only be taking a break from these family traditions because in a few years I migth have a family of my own!

      Delete