Saturday 28 April 2012

Big Band Dance Tonight! (#27)

Tonight, is my school's annual Big Band Dance! What is a Big Band Dance? Well, it's our music programs big fundraiser where a jazz band of each grade level performs a set of jazz music at a social event setting. As grade 12 this year, our jazz band gets two sets, the third last set and than the final set!

You might have heard of some of the songs we are performing:
  • YMCA - vocalist chart with costumes and choreography!
  • Sweet Caroline
  • Mambo #5
  • Memory (from the musical Cats) - vocalist chart
  • The Wanderer - vocalist chart
  • Sing, Sing, Sing
  • In the Mood
  • Do the Hustle
  • AND MUCH MORE!

What makes the evening even better is that the attire is formal! Well for the most part, personally I go full formal! So, everybody dresses really fancy and we all dance on the large dance floor to every song! There are beverages and at 11 food is served, because it's like one big social! This will be my fifth time performing at the Big Band Dance, since every year our high school invites two grade 8 bands from their neighbourhood middle schools.

Some of my friends and I have made it tradition to show up to the social evening in style by stepping out of a stretched SUV limo! My goodness, I can't wait till it's time to start getting ready! Man I am such a girl!

4 comments:

  1. Breanne I LOVE reading your blogs, you seriously write exactly how you talk and it makes me laugh. Big band was sooooo much fun, you looked lovely my dear. Definately going next year again even though we'll be outta the sturg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ash, right back at you for looking lovely! I might go next year too, but it will be weird a Big Band where I do not play!

      Delete
  2. Ive never ever been to the big band dance. Ive heard many good things about and seen lots of pictures! Did you have a lot of fun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had tons of fun, it was a great time for my last year of Big Band!

      Delete